Sunday, December 13, 2009

Snowing!






This time of year around our house, pretty much the only thing for certain is that it will be stacked floor to ceiling with boxes from Amazon, cooking stores, game stores, and now toy stores.

By chance, one of these deliveries happened to pack with those bio-gradable packing peanuts, vs. the ever-popular air bags, brown paper, etc. I contemplated giving her the box of peanuts, but figured, what the heck, so here you go, kiddo!

I sat the box down in front of her and let her pick a few out, then dig her hands in them. Once I knew she was "ok" with the concept, we started throwing a few of them, and before we knew it--we were REALLY throwing them. I packed them all in the box and dumped them from the sky as I said "snowing!" and Amara repeated "snowing!" and so it began...

We put the peanuts in the box now, and she dumps them on her OWN head. I got another delivery with some more peanuts (which was lucky, because the first ones were getting quite compressed, and were losing their aerodynamic capabilities), and added them to the lot too.

This game has been going on at least a week or so--the peanuts are in a box under the tree--so we dig them out, play "snowing," then pick them up and repeat :) I'm not sure how long this game will continue, but it is pretty funny--I have to say. That box started out pretty sturdy-like, but since the "snowing," has come "sitting in the box, pushing the box, and other variations, so I don't know long the original box will take all the attention!

...and yes, that is a fork AND a toothbrush you see in her hand. 2 things she will NOT let go of, and quite common these days!

No comments: