Wednesday, May 25, 2011

1st day of preschool: Primrose

This picture kind of breaks my heart because I've never seen such a forced smile out of her--but the sentiment was sweet.

Primrose, and her new class with Miss Shirey, sent this note to Eric and I to "let us know she's doing ok" last week on her first day.  Certainly harder for her than us it seemed, I think she had a great time once we were gone, but leaving was not fun for any of us!

They give full reports at the end of each day, but it sounds like she did an ice cream cone craft, played outside, napped, and enjoyed her lunch and snacks.  Most days follow a similar pattern, but have different key activities around a theme.  Because she's only there 2 days a week (now) she is limited on what she does verses some of the other kids, but we wanted to see how it would go before deciding to add more or not.

She was happy to come home, and tired, I think the constant changing of activities, teachers, inside and outside wears them out--but I was so happy to have my little girl home!

No comments: