Friday, April 5, 2013

meeting Connor! (Finally)

When Mr. Connor was born on March 1--it was a tad earlier than we were expecting him. By dumb luck (and the fact that at any given time, odds are pretty good that ONE of us are sick--) Amara was sick.  We postponed seeing him for a week. 
Then the next weekend, we'd gotten over THAT bug, but then another had popped up in its place...so I think Connor was 3 weeks old when we finally all got to meet him and we loved every second of it.  The girls were so excited, they were chatting about it all day--Amara had decided he was 'her' baby, so she kept talking about bringing him home.

I think Connor looks like Eric--he seems to have his coloring somewhat.  Jim wasn't there, so he could have Jim's for all I know, but Eric enjoyed his time with his little nephew--the 2nd on the Young side, and we have 5 on the Jahn side of course too :)

But it was Cora who shocked us and brought us all to tears.  She took this visit AND Connor SO very seriously!  She almost took him out of my arms and insisted on holding him a half dozen times. She's always been very motherly--but I'd never seen her quite like this.  She kept hugging him and asking to hold him. 
She held him on the floor, upstairs in his nursery, just wherever and whenever we'd let her do it.  She was so careful with him and I started to get worry she'd get upset when we had to leave!

Kristin was great with him and was super patient with the girls being little mommies to her son, giving them snacks and trying to keep a somewhat calm environment.  Little C slept through the entire visit--I don't think I saw his eyes open but for a second--I'm sure, not a coincidence to the craziness all around him.

We gave Connor one last squeeze and then packed up our things.  I know he wont be as tiny the next time we see him, but he better brace himself for two older cousins who love him very much and I'm sure will have no problems showing him the ropes. 

No comments: