Sunday, February 2, 2014

Cora's trip to the doctor

Cora had a tiny bump rash over the weekend and we decided to let Dr. DiCarlo look at it.

A few weeks ago, though, I should back up--I took both girls to urgent care on a Saturday; one had a cough and fever and the other said her ears hurt. They did great, and we were in and out in a jif.

Back to Cora--the appointment was at 9:15, so she and I hung around the house. I made her toast and we watched Ariel.  We got packed up to go and I waited for the fight that never came. She talked very matter-of-factly about her 'little rash' and how the doctor needed to look at it.

Once we got there, she waited patiently, used the potty at the office, and we went back to the room and entertained ourself.  When Dr. DiCarlo came in, she got a little sheepish, but didn't offer to cry or get upset at all. She let him look in her ears, her mouth, lift her shirt, etc. and didn't make a peep--we just smiled and talked the whole time.

We ended up having to go get blood drawn too at another place--I had anxiety over the whole ordeal, but she sat on my lap while the technician drew blood without a peep.  She got her sparkly band-aid and her doc mcstufins stickers and were were out the door without incident.

I'm thrilled that our doctor visits are almost non-events now, but it is also a reminder of how quickly my little girl is growing up too.

No comments: