Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Last day as a busy bee

Amara has always gone through phases at school where she 'doesn't want to go.'  I'm not entirely surprised. We made the decision for her to stay part time with her sister for BOTH of them--but the downside was she never really gelled at the preschool part of it.
She has been at GCCCCC for about a year and a half, and in the Busy Bee room since August--and has loved it.  But with Sarah leaving for her mission work in June, leaving only 3 months left of her in our lives, we decided it was time to make a change.
Thursday happened to be the Dr. Suess PJ party day in her class and Ms. Ashley asked me to volunteer. I got to see her with her friends one last time.  Spend some time with Saphira, Landon, and Addison--see her interact with peers, teachers, be a helper, and covered her up for her last class nap time.

It was a "last," for a lot of reasons, and I know she took a lot from that experience--but she gave a lot too. Her teachers sent sweet notes home, and the administrator Mrs. Christie sent Eric an email that said "We will miss Amara’s tender heart and beautiful BLUE eyes"

I sent a note to the class parents too and several reached out with emails and phone numbers to stay in touch.  As a parent, I hope that my kids walk out the door with me and spend their time being a good friend, helping others, and being kind.  I feel pretty confident she has touched a few lives and I'm good with that.

For the rest of the time Sarah is here, Amara and Cora will get to be together and with Sarah 5/ days a week.  Eric and I agonized over the decision to "pull her from school," for a lot of reasons, but we did it and we hope it goes well.  When Sarah does go, the girls will start with Carissa in mid-June, then Amara will be in Kindergarden in fall.
We don't know now if Cora will attend GCCCCC when Amara starts school yet, but if we do--it will likely be there.  All the teachers told Amara to come back and visit and i'm not sure if she will ask, but if she does, I will certainly take her there.

No comments: