Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Surprising daddy at work

I love surprising other people--not so much being surprised, but surprising is fun for me. 

Combine that with my love for finding new and fun things that people like/ will like, and we had a great idea for Eric's birthday.

The Pink Apron, a friend I found on f/book through another friend, does AMAZING cookies and cakepops.  When looking online for Eric's bday, I stumbled across someone who did cakepops online, but I didn't want to just order from anyone.  I reached out to Lesley and she agreed to the challenge of making cake pops for Eric.

Also, Miss Sarah agreed to help me out by getting the girls up and ready, and lastly, our friend Tony H., who is on Eric's team, coordinated our surprise visit with the boss.
I picked up the cakepops and headed to get the girls, then we headed to Dublin.  Tony met us at the door and immediately took Cora (who didn't mind.) Bean and I carried the cake pops up to his meeting and SURPRISE, we surprised Eric!  His team was glad to see the girls and enjoyed the cakepops.  Beanie became enamored with the ducks in the pond outside his window, so we had to visit before we left.

They ran downstairs and took a quick visit--she was sad to leave, but we had a great visit and I don't think I'll have to twist her arm to get her to go to Daddy's work again, thanks to the ducks!...and couldn't have done it without Miss Sarah and Lesley and Tony too!





No comments: