Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Ohio State Fair

As a very special treat, grandma and grandpa Jahn decided to take Amara to the Ohio State fair for her very first trip this year!

Of course they headed to all the farm and livestock buildings, and were able to go during the day.  It wasn't very crowded at all and she got to get up close and personal with all the animals.

I don't think I've ever been to ANY section of the fair that had that much open space! 

I think the butter cow is a tradition for almost anyone who has ever attended the Ohio State Fair :)

Cows are fun and friendly, but she quickly realized how BIG they are when you get up close to them!

The carousel is always a favorite, even on a cool, balmy day.

And then the traditional fair foods: corn dog,

and lemon shake ups!

I never did get the story on how this monkey was won or purchased...but this is a clear sign of "I'm ready to go now."

Taking the tractor ride back to the car is always a high point--really any tractor ride, ever.  They had a great day and I'm sure it's something they will all remember for a long time.

No comments: