Wednesday, January 30, 2013

quilting for cousins

With 2 upcoming cousins joining the Young family this Spring, we decided to get busy and welcome them in with our latest hobby.  I found this cute log cabin pattern for Kristin--then finding out they were doing sports, Eric and I got busy finding the perfect fabrics.  We got lucky with some of them, but still had to order the hockey and golf fabrics online.

Eric helped with the fabric layout (he's REALLY good at that) and I got busy assembling the quilt.  I was back and forth on how to quilt it but ultimately decided on stitching it in the ditch, so make the fabrics the star--not the quilting.  I gave it to her at her Lancaster shower last weekend and she seemed to really like it.

Steph's quilt was a new pattern too-- a modified rag quilt pattern we found on Pinterest.  I picked out some soft flannels with help from the ladies from Quilt Beginnings and again, Eric helped me with the layout.  The girls saw it lying around and wanted to keep it--so now we are working on flannel rag quilts for them too.  Steph said some of the muted colors will match baby girl's room, so I'm super glad it will work out for her.

I like that E's nephews will have personal gifts to welcome them home, and hopefully they enjoy them for years to come.

No comments: