Saturday, February 23, 2013

Grandpa Jahn turns 70 (SURPRISE!)

Mom decided to throw dad a surprise 70th birthday party this week, so what started out as homemade pizza at our house, turned into close to 40 people at Grandstand!

She and Sue got decorations while I picked up the cake.
After I picked up Amara from school, she came over with me. Her quick friends the Holdermans and Weidebuschs helped her decorate with balloons while I set up the cake (yum).

Guest began arriving and trickling in, right up to the last group at 6--Haylee told me that she had seen mom and dad pulling up and parking, so we knew we were close.

We all yelled surprise at dad and surprised him we did. He made the rounds, welcoming and thanking all his guests, then got to enjoy a piece of strawberry cake and a beer on his birthday.

We ate through all the pizza, salad, bread, beer and cake we had, and everyone was almost cleared out by 7:45.  We packed up, (mom took the old photo albums home) settled the check, and got on our way. 

Eric said by the time he got Cora to her room (he left with the girls around 7) Cora was actually REACHING for her bed. She ran her little legs off!

Amara had a blast playing with Gideon and Wyatt and Tim's boys--I thought she'd be tired too, but she was still hoped up on excitement by the time I got home.

Dad said he had some really cute and clever cards--i'm sure he did knowing that bunch.  I hope he had a wonderful party--we sure are lucky to have such great friends and family, and SUPER glad to have a dad like that to celebrate!

No comments: