Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Happy 5th birthday Amara!

This has for sure been the fastest five years of my life.

I have been reflecting on Amara's "childhood" all day--looking at photos, thinking back to past birthdays and parties and it's all somewhat of a blur.
The day is 2/3 over now and we're excited for a great dinner with G'parents--but this morning started off priceless.
As i'd been running a countdown to her birthday, i finally got to draw the "Happy Birthday" and she was thrilled to see it--that is, after Eric helped her break out of her paper door decorations I thought she'd break-through.  *Fail*

I also had her birthday shirt ready for her and her presents wrapped in princess paper, courtesy of daddy and I last night...off to Sarah's for a day of celebrating with friends and the day had rolled on.

So tonight we celebrate, tomorrow she gets to celebrate with friends at school, the big party is Saturday and then Monday is our annual zoo trip.

I can't wait for tonight and the next few days--and we will have a great time...

But....this morning, she pointed out how tall she's getting, standing next to daddy and me--and whenever I well up, she always tells me she'll be my baby-girl, but that she can't stop growing, even if I want her to (and I do).

The big reveal--taking her to the beach!

birthday girl picked this one out herself--even without knowing the beachy surprise to come!!

Happy birthday Beanie, my baby-girl. I hope you have had and will continue to have a wonderful day and weekend, surrounded only by love and hope for you and your future.  xoxo

(PS) sister is stealing your cake...



















No comments: