Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day

Mother's day was great this year (as always) but daddy certainly spoiled me too!  The morning started off with a lovely drawing of the girls hands and breakfast sushi--banana and PB, rolled in rice krispies. I think I had 2--the girls took the rest ;)  The also brought me back beautiful roses from the store, after their morning grocery run!

Next up, a trip to my mom's to give her her gift--then on to Denton.  In the barn, Eric had 2 whiskey barrels for me--we talked about doing a container garden this year! score!!  My mom came out too and gave me (and the girls) this strawberry plant--and they wasted no time picking the red ones right off of there!

At home during nap, Eric slaved away and made me the BEST homemade carrot cake too--the house smelled amazing!  I also scored a replacement pair of sunglasses (the girls always break mine) so now I just have to find time to try them on, uninterrupted ;)

Back out to Denton after naps, we worked and played, then finished the day off with a brush bonfire, complete with smores, hotdogs and drinks.  Believe it or not, we got a cold snap--enough to actually ENJOY the bonfire, so it was perfect!  We got to sit around and soak in the new house a little more--as we waved at an engineer and the train passing by.  Amazing.

I loved spending the day with my family, doing our normal things, but with the special little touches all day. Eric wanted to take me to Chocolatiere Stam in Westerville, but we tabled it for another time...I had plenty of blessings with just  my family alone!

No comments: