Sunday, September 8, 2013

Goodbye Copper Ct.

We closed on the sale of Copper Ct. on August 30, 2013 in the afternoon.  But before hand, Eric and I took one last stroll around the house we loved for just under three years.   The house where we brought Cora home from the hospital, had our first garage sale, watched Amara start to blossom and plant our first raspberries.  We are sad.

We hosted cookie day parties with caroling and birthday parties that were amazing, we watched salt trucks and dump trucks race up and down Buckeye parkway from the dining room table, and who can forget the myriad of EMS, fire, and police vehicles at that intersection (and I know Eric loved the late night drag races of vehicles without mufflers).

We had 15 foot tall Christmas trees that went on forever and held a million ornaments, where the girls could decorate it for a month and still never be done.

That house holds a very special place in our lives for a million reasons and we miss it, all of us.  When Cora gets tired, she goes to the car and says "want to go home," --and I know she means her room at Copper Ct., even though we've been at Denton six weeks and it breaks my heart.

Amara tells me regularly that she misses the old house--but is quick to say that she doesn't want to go back there, even when I've offered.  He new room is amazing, but she is a softy like me, and even though it makes me cry, I'm glad she tells me.

I got cold feet right before closing on the sale, but everyone convinced me that we need to move forward, not look back--and truly the sale of that amazing house has allowed us to remodel and love this new house without any financial burdens, so that in itself is incredible.

I will miss not being close to things, friends, sidewalks, and so many other things, but I know we will have a million new memories to make at our new, old house too.

We ended up selling the house to friends of my friend Kourtney, from DFAS--who is halfway around the world right now, so I have to think it was meant to be.  She asked for all the window treatments, but at closing, Eric asked for the girls curtains, I can keep them--in case they want them someday.

Cora likely won't remember Copper, like Amara doesn't remember Schuylar.  Amara might remember some of it--I was about her age when my parents moved from the Seeds rd. house and I remember it.  Hopefully when they do, if they do, they remember all the fun times in the playroom, racing around that massive house, fun bath times, and a great family inside that house.

Goodbye Copper ct.  We love you.

No comments: