Saturday, May 3, 2014

day home with the girls

With Eric and I both working it seems like by the time we take a week or two off when each of the girls are sick, add in birthdays, and being sick ourselves, we don't have all that many days to take off just to enjoy our family.
Sarah needed Thursday and Friday off this week, and since mom took the girls yesterday, I got the luxury of having them today.

They slept in, which they don't always get to do--and Eric went into work super early.


Next, we got dressed and headed to Galaxy, an indoor play place we hadn't visited for a while. When the pizzas started flowing for other customers, the girls got hungry and I caved. We upgraded to the lunch pizza package and earned ourselves some tokens in the mix.


After an hour and a half of playing, we took a break for lunch, then quickly moved onto the games. It's always amazing to me from each time to the next how much the girls have grown and developed and are able to master things they couldn't just a few months before.

It was getting close to nap time, so we picked out our prizes (bracelets, pixie sticks, etc.) from our ticket loot and loaded up into the car.

On the quick ride home, I could already see Cora getting sleepy, so she wanted to go right to her room and Amara is drawing and listening to the radio having quiet time.  I get what everyone says about cherishing time with kids--and I am (but I still wish they'd slow down already)

No comments: