Thursday, July 24, 2014

mommy's birthday

My birthday was a great day all around, starting with breakfast! Eric spoiled me by making (from scratch) sausage biscuits and gravy, and strawberry puree champagne to go with it, yum!! the girls had NO problem helping me with that :)

Next we went down to the barn to play in the sprinklers and sand tables a bit--it was really the first time we had a chance to play outside since Amara's party--with the vacation and all. It was hot, but fun!

After naps, I got a surprise delivery from mom--and edible arrangements delivery for us to share! She was at the beach herself, but sent us a treat from her. The girls were thrilled to share it as soon as I let them!

And dinner was at Larry's in Mt. Sterling with dad. I got to have a beer and pizza with the 2 most important men in my life and my girls. We had a great time and the girls rode in the truck with Grandpa, always a treat.

Back home for cake and ice cream--Amara helped me bake one during nap time, and even though Eric wanted to take me for gelato, we deferred for the tradition for this time, and agreed to save that for a mid-week treat. My day was filled with great people, food, gifts and time, and I couldn't have asked for better or more!

No comments: