Sunday, May 3, 2015

Art scholarship

Leaving my volunteer time at the school this week, I bumped into Ms. Kozman. Jen and I were friends in school and I knew she was Amara's teacher, but we hadn't crossed paths all year. I bent her ear a little and asked her how Amara was doing in art--which was a bit of a loaded question because since Amara was big enough to care, she has had a flare for creativity. 

Ms. Kozman told me that her fish (that the did in the fall) was "better than hers" and she seemed serious. I figured she was just trying to make me feel good--Jen was always an amazing artist and I can't draw a stick, so I had to trust her eye. 
She REALLY REALLY went on and on about how good Amara's art is, how much above and beyond she is than her peers and then told me about the Columbus Museum of Art Camp and mentioned I should look into it.

The next day I did--and I saw that they had scholarship opportunities (which I always hear go unused) so I decided to reach out to the teachers (which is suggested) for recommendations.

What we got back in Amara's backpack was truly humbling! I texted it to several of my friends and of course mom and dad--I mean she is the art teacher, but WOW! The next school day, I got a letter from Ms. Bice--equally flattering about our little 6 yr old and couldn't believe it.

Of course i sent the letters right to the Cols. Museum of Art with the application and I still can't believe it all. I mean i'm happy to do it--but wow. And not from a doting mom or dad, but from her teachers mouths. I could NOT be more proud.

No comments: