Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ice cream sandwiches in summer




Nothing screams summer like ice cream--or ice cream sandwiches. With all of the 4th of July sales in stores, I caved and bought a box of ice cream sandwiches.

One night after dinner, I took one out of the freezer. She was immediately interested in what this treat in paper would be. I unwrapped half of the paper for her to hold.

First bite--an unsure glance to dad, as if "can I really have this?"

The next bites were more a familiarization of the flavor, texture, feel of it all. The bites got bigger and sloppier as the ice cream melted, and we sat back thoroughly enjoying ourselves in her.

In the end, she wanted the paper off the bottom half, so we obliged, giving her two-handed control. Surprisingly, she really didn't make too much mess, and she did share with daddy--although, since he had the camera, I think I only caught that on video :)

Lucky for us, I think there are 6 in the box...so many more fun desserts to come.

No comments: