Sunday, July 26, 2009

Painting with pudding (and cleanup)





In some parenting publication of some sort, I read that an alternative to traditional finger paint is to paint with pudding. You don't "plan" on them eating it, but EVERYTHING goes in the mouth, so they are safe, and the stuff doesn't stain clothing.

Sounds logical enough.

The idea wasn't so much the problem, as the thought that I don't think Amara is really old enough for painting yet...in a structured fashion. haha

We made a batch of sugar-free pudding, and headed outside. I took the bowl, some paper plates, and old clothes. She wasn't interested at all in putting hand to paper...but she did mark the playset outside, her bench, the yard, and MOM! (again...I think dad and Ily escaped...one of us had to stay clean, right?)

As with the rain episode...the event ended with Amara and mom heading into the house, and upstairs...this time stripped, and straight to the bathtub though.

She always loves the bathtub, so that wasn't unusual, but the pudding did get a little sticky to remove...but not enough to deter us from doing this again in the future. I think I bought 5 boxes of the stuff on sale...wonder if I can get dad in on it this time? or the Grandparents? We'll see--

...To be continued...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is so darn cute.