Monday, September 14, 2009

R/C Plane show in G.C.





After the events of Saturday, we decided to "fly low" (pun intended) and stick close to home. We had caught a blurb on the news about a remote-control air show in Grove City--and with Amara's current plane obsession, we decided to check it out.

We got there pretty early (apparently) but the planes were already buzzing. These things were not your average toy-store planes, there were MULTI-THOUSAND dollar remote control planes. Which, incidentally, I never knew existed.

If the bizarre newness wasn't enough for me, I was so overwhelmed with the Nascar-like trailers and rigs, containing planes of every shape, sort, color, etc., that I could barely focus. They had shirts for sale, models, planes, velcro (not sure what this was about, but clearly I'm not in the know on this deal), and, go figure, smoothies.

I like this shot of Amara walking--the story is that she could navigate the small step and ramp on the other end of this breezeway perfectly, so she wore a path back and forth. Eric calls this "walking with purpose," which she most-definitely was.

Cut to Amara heading out to the the tarmac...literally...shortly before heading home. We called the nephews to see if they could join, but they had ballgames...but I think Eric may have discovered a new guilty-pleasure hobby (secretly of course).

No comments: