Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ice Cream





I think this is the first cone of the season. Certainly the first double-fisted cone attempt for sure.

Note: these photos ARE in chronological order. This will make more sense when you see the ones of Ily eyeing the cone...

Grandma Jackie had told us last week she got Amara a baby cone from DQ on one of the hotter days in the week. Of course, I was impressed and had to witness this for myself--so after flower shopping, we headed for treats.

We ordered baby cones for all (daddy's was chocolate dipped...not sure WHAT he was thinking there) and headed home. After about oh, 15 seconds, she decided she wanted my cone. I was happy to give it up--considering I figured this was a swap, but it was a take. She did 'let me' have it when they started running down her hands--but after a quick clean up, she was back in the game. If you notice in the one shot--Amara even ended up with daddy's chocolate cone for a sec--before the craziness of 3 cones in the backseat was too much for even me, and we shuffled cones again.

I'm pretty sure the seatbelt and hoodie got more of the softserve than she did--but boy did she have fun. Like I said--nary a big eater, she couldn't wait to share with Ily (who was just as eager to be shared WITH).

Be got her out of the car, and Ily out of the house, and got poised with the camera. All was going well--until the inevitable...our 'full' Beanie who was giving the cone to Ily, took it back. What can you do? At that point, she only wanted a lick--and we figured trying to stop her would only induce a chase-scene at best, so we let it go.

In the end, Ily got the cone, Amara got--well, some Ily germs, and all were happy and content. Like I always say, best friends.

1 comment:

Hollywood said...

DID I START SOMETHING???
(meemaw)