Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween cupcakes

Aunt Charlotte told us she was going to be having a Halloween party/ open house to show off her newly remodeled basement soon.  When we got the invitation, she asked if we could make cupcakes (clearly, she knows me) and we were happy to help!

I wanted to try something different, more unusual than just your typical cupcake, so I searched for design ideas and came up with a really cute mummy and a dracula one. 

Eric got me the tips we needed, and we were ready to roll for first thing Saturday morning.  I got started on the first (chocolate) batch Friday night, but decided not everyone loves chocolate cake, and why not make a yellow batch too?

About that time, Amara got up.  She is so happy and funny when she gest up--I knew she'd want to be involved.  She hopped right up on the counter next to me and asked to help.  I mixed a little more myself and then let her help me hold the hand mixer.

At last, the beaters.  Something I think all moms (I know mine did) lets their kids (or husbands) enjoy when baking.  The twist was, since I was filling muffin tins, she sat there and kept dipping the beater in the batter!  I guess it's better than a spoon, haha.

She was asleep by the time they were all done and ready for decorating, so Eric got to hele me with that part.  I did the undercoating of chocolate and attached and decorated the eyes, while he piped all the mummy wrapping.  I have to say, I think they turned out pretty cute myself!! (We opted against the draculas because these were just so cute and easy, but maybe next year)

Hope everyone likes them!

No comments: