Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Coloring Easter eggs

Coloring eggs for us is one of those things that is slightly different this year, but we are still in the chaotic phase :)  lots of paper towels and cracked eggs, but they love it.
Cora still has wobbly hands and Amara is still impatient--and 24 eggs never seems like enough. Not to mention Amara has to oversee and approve everything that Cora does ;)
It's funny--I guess it's the only thing where you truly do it one time a year, and it's over in a snap.  We had fun and it is a really special thing to do with the girls, regardless of the outcome or the mess. I don't think my nephews do them anymore, so who knows when Amara will be tired of it.
(I think Daddy likes "helping" too--maybe i'll have to make him his own dozen to "try")

The end result was perfect and beautiful. Amara and daddy ate a fair amount of them, before we made egg salad, and they can't wait to do it again--guess I need to find other activities...



No comments: