Sunday, August 24, 2014

hip hop tryouts

Amara decided she wanted to be involved with hip hop at the Cheer Center this year. We went to the clinic Thursday (after her normal tumbling and I know she was exhausted!) She got to meet coach Tae--he's a 2nd grade teacher by trade and just LOVES to dance, so she really had fun.  We went back for tryouts Sunday and she was practicing her routine for dad and sis all weekend--I've heard Lil John's Get down for what? More than I care to hear for a while.

BUT, this morning I logged into their website for the results of her first official tryout and sure enough, there she is on the Mini team! Looks like there are 2 boys on there too--I'm sure she will be excited to have a team to really have a good time with this year, with coaches who are into it. She has been asking about the costumes, makeup, etc. too--so this could really be a cool opportunity for her. Let the fund-raising begin! :)

No comments: