Sunday, March 15, 2015

pastries with parents

Instead of the usual muffins for mom on mother's day, doughnuts for dad, etc., ever my favorite school in the world--Darbydale, hosted pastries for parents and of course we all went. 

It was early--so we drove over, instead of a normal bus trip, but it was so cute to see kids recognizing Amara, having her point out friends and teachers we didn't know yet, and watching her interact in "her world." (Even though there were still lots of daddy's girl moments--thank goodness!)

Cora was thrilled to be included also and I think Amara loved her being there. They really are sweet together when they want to be and they stuck together like glue. I'm sure the fact it was 7:45 in the morning factored in :) 

After our doughnut, banana, milk, and hellos, we headed to the classroom to drop of Amara and head into work. I felt so lucky we could all go and share that--I know not every family can or does. But i'm super proud of our Kindergardener and of my family for sure!

No comments: