Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Green class field day

Amara had her first field day at Batelle-Darby park on Friday with her green class and the rest of the school. It was an absolutely beautiful day out and I was thrilled to see the old school games and activities I was hoping for and also some surprising new ones.

The park rangers showed up with their horses and the kids LOVED that of course. Amara loves anything competitive, so whether it was relay races, or the hippy hop balls, she was all over it. Tug of war, homerun derby, and time on the swings were also huge favorites. 

Aysia, Callie and Sarah took a quick lunch break and Callie's mom Miranda got this cute pic of them, while I was at the parachute station whipping those kids into a frenzy!
Her class didn't actually get to do my station, i guess it was the one which got cut if kids ran over, but i got to high five her a few times and see her, which was plenty for me. It would have been nice, but I'm just super lucky to get to see her and be involved as much as I can.

That night, she told Eric how much fun she had and I really want to go back to that park and visit soon, and this winter to sled too!

No comments: