Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Reflections dance camp

The Blacks did a year at Reflections and we went to their recital a few weeks ago. The girls were mesmerized by the teachers' numbers and loved all the glitz and flash, so when the girls asked us to take the camp with them this week, they JUMPED at the chance.
We prepped for day one getting tap and ballet shoes, leos and hair ties all ready--and finally the big day was here (literally, because Amara had golf camp at 8, Paige took the girls to the big splash today and it was my 4oth, but rain or shine we got there at 5 for Cora's class).

She and Kennedy bopped down the hall and we literally didn't hear from them at all till 6. They horsed around the lobby while the big girls got ready to go in and a few minutes after 6, Amara and Payton took off too.
After Cora and Payton were done playing and they headed home, Cora had me take her home too, but when Amara rolled in at quarter after 9, all she kept saying was "it was awesome." and LITERALLY shoveling food in her face like I have never seen her in my life.

I think she's having a hard time winding down, but I think day one was amazing for her and I'm sure the rest of the week will be too. I sure am lucky to have such swell friends and that our kiddos get along so well--what a gem, really.


No comments: