Saturday, March 19, 2016

volunteering at the 'Dale'

Volunteering at Darbydale is awesome. I don't know if other parents know this, but it's something I feel SO passionately about and am so lucky to do. Though i'm there an hour a week, and sometimes not at all, first and foremost I get to see Amara! Her friends, how she is, her environment, how she is in the hall--and i LOVE it. 

Artwork before it's brought home, other teachers, etc. and I could go on. I love participating in games with the kids, even though she's in all the top groups and I don't always get to spend extra time with her which she doesn't understand--but still. It's the best. I love being able to know the teachers and principals and admins at a glance--I feel like it means they will give my kid an extra glance if they know I'm there. 

I may not always be able to do it, but I'm going to bust my butt trying--I just love it :)

No comments: