Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Little AnnaBella Miller



In this season's We Joy Sing classes, we learned a song about a caterpillar.  Ms. Kelly does such a great job of mashing songs together, I don't know if it's really called Little AnnaBella Miller, but that's what I call it.

Anyway, between that song (to the tune of Twinkle, twinkle little star, a favorite) and her love of bugs, she was THRILLED when I point out this crawly guy at grandma's house.  I don't REALLY think it's a caterpillar, but what do I know?  it works.

"Little AnnaBella Miller
had a fuzzy Caterpillar

First it crawled upon her mother (EEK!)
Then upon her baby brother (Boo, hoo, hoo)

All said AnnaBella Miller,
TAKE AWAY THAT CATERPILLAR!"

Grandma grabbed a piece of paper to scoop him up with, then she held her arm out to let him crawl up, JUST LIKE THE SONG!  It was so adorable to watch her enjoy that and not run screaming.  She has REALLY made me aware of how much kids mirror what we do.  I can't claim that I would let bugs crawl on me, but I'm so proud that she does :)

No comments: