Thursday, June 2, 2011

Trampoline (happy b day beanie!)

Doesn't this picture say it all?  
We decided on this for Amara's birthday a few months back and couldn't wait for it to arrive!  After our big zoo trip, the guys showed up to install it for us and Amara was very curious to say the least. 


I was inside with Cora at the time, but Eric came in to tell me she had figured it out. I guess they got the supports on the thing and she said "I think they are building me a trampoline!" Eric said "oh really?" and left it at that...stinker :)  She waited patiently for them to finish and pack up, but as soon as they were gone, she was already climbing the ladder!

She started running in circles, doing flips, and asking us "what next..." which is the trampoline equivalent of me begging my poor mom to "tell me what to do" at the pool for I don't know how many summers in a row.  Kids really do 'pay you back' in that way.  I mean how many different tricks can you have a 3 year old do?  I guess I'd better start getting creative!

Running around in circles was pretty fun.  I asked her to run in the other direction and (as most of us do) she struggled with the mechanics of it and quickly went back to her more comfortable direction.

Jumping as high as she can--or as high as her 34 pound body will allow her!  It will be fun to watch her grow with this, and eventually Cora--assuming she is sharing by that point.  I'm so glad she had exposure to the trampoline with Tumble Bears last fall and up at Recreation Outlet where we found this.  I'm sure we'll have many more fun evenings with friends ahead!

Did I mention we have it locked up when we're not in it?  ;)  Eric suggested getting her blanket and pillow and letting her sleep out there, but I wouldn't put anything past her!

No comments: