Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fun at Miss Sarah's

Miss Sarah is kind enough to take pics of Amara and Cora (and Jonathan :)) for us to capture some fun moments throughout the day.  This is the first download I've done and I guess it's been since about mid-late May.  Specifically, I remember Amara's first day with Miss Sarah was during her birthday week, so she made it a really special day for her.

Breakfast on the patio, which she loves to do, followed by jumping in puddles and handprints to prove it.

  She also did a crown craft where the kids took stickers and foamies and built crowns--I heard Mr. J's was brown but never got to see it--

Modeling her crown for everyone!

...and right on cue, getting laughed at by little sister, Cora.

Don't the cookies look yummy?  I think they were sprinkles cookies.  The kids got to help make them, and then I think the kids rested while the cookies baked and cooled, and after nap time it was cookie time!

They have also gone to the zoo with Miss Sarah twice now this summer--and once with us, they put some miles on up there!  It was a particularly nice morning I remember and she was excited to go with her new family.

This pic makes Cora's hat look like she'd already outgrown it--my bad.  But good self-portrait Miss Sarah!

I think this visit was the Polar Bears and parts of North America, followed by her picnic at the zoo before the ride home.  I'm guessing Amara took the hat lead from Jonathan on this, or vice versa, hard telling.

Zoo buddies!  too cute.

Another experience with play doh!  This is one of her favorites and smartly, they are doing it outside! Good thing they thought to do this in June, now in July the play doh would be melting!

Would you like some?

Being silly friends playing blanket cover-up game.  I think it's hilarious when Amara laughs and covers her mouth.  I think this was during Cora's naptime.

Miss Sarah often incorporates a craft activity into snacktime.  On this day, they were making bugs on a log with celery, peanut butter and raisins.  I think Miss Sarah said she ate it all, but ate the components separately.  Figures--might be my daughter.

Following the lead from Mr. J.

Sampling her art and yummy snack!  I have to note the pink bib and cup.  Miss Sarah had only blue things in her house for Mr. J. and she was so sweet to go out and get Amara her own things :)

Happy little Cora in her bean bag chair of approval!

I'm guessing breakfast here--Amara looks pretty clean so far, haha.  She is getting quite good with her knife, and what good practice!

This was pretty recent too--again, the craft/activity part was making the ice pops, the snack part was eating them--very cute and crafty, we love being at Miss Sarah's!

No comments: