Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Amara's broken toe

I have no idea how I've made it my entire life WITHOUT breaking a bone, but Amara didn't make it to 5 :(


Sunday, she was climbing around on the piano bench, when all of a sudden it slipped out from under her and managed to slam down on her feet.

The it caught her left foot on the bridge of her foot, where it's a little thicker, but it caught the right foot right across her big toe.  Amara is NOT the crying type, so when she was still saying it hurt after 10 minutes, I insisted that E take her to Childeren's (hospital) while I stayed home with Cora.

After a while, they called with the hairline fracture diagnosis, got antibiotics called in, and had her foot taped up.  By the time she got home, she was ready for hugs from grandpa Jahn (who came over to see and wait on her) and an ice cream cone.

The injury didn't slow her down much--after a quick pep talk, she went to Landon's birthday party at World of Bounce--she'd been looking forward to for weeks, and then even to uncle John's bonfire that same day!

She took her medicine all week and this morning asked me to take the tape off, she announced "it's all better!" with a big smile and quickly put her socks and shoes on to finish getting ready.

I say this all the time, but I WISH I had the resilience of my girls, Beanie is amazing.

No comments: