Sunday, June 22, 2014

Amara's jr. golf camp at Foxfire

A work friend had told me about Foxfire's jr. golf camp several years ago and I was looking forward to Amara being old enough to try it. Grandma and Grandpa Young got Amara clubs for her birthday, so we got her signed up and ready to go. She did have to miss the first class (we were on vacation) but Brian the pro assured me it was mostly administrative :)
The first day, Cora and I took her and she was SO excited! We got her signed in and she took off up the hill after they were separated into groups.  The class was an hour and a half and when Cora and I came back to pick her up, she was glowing.  She was hustling into the pro shop and came out with a gatorate. 

When she got into the car, she told me that she won a contest--they told her to get the ball in the bucket--no idea what that means, but she was thrilled! We called daddy for her to tell him about it too, then headed to Carissa's for her first day there.

For the 2nd day, Eric was able to take her--he said she was just as excited then, and came home telling me all about it too ;)

The session is only 6 weeks, but we have SO many cousins and family who play, I really hope she takes to it. I think the last week is a "tournament," so I'm hoping to stay for that one and watch her--she tells me she hits the ball the farthest, lol.

No comments: