Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another birthday

I normally don't prefer to capture things 'about me,' but because we had SO much fun, I wanted to capture it/ the day(s) regardless.

Because my birthday fell on a Tuesday this year, we decided to take Monday off and have a long weekend of it, celebrating on Monday.  We decided to celebrate at....Zoombezi bay!  I know, not where you'd imagine I'd want to go--but we'd heard great things, and the weekends are always SO busy up there, we figured we'd try a Monday and see how we liked it. 

It was amazing!  We all loved it so much--none of us had been since it was the old remodeled Wyandotte lake, and this is SO different.  We went on the lazy river, but the BIG fun was in the kids area.  It's a HUGE graded, beach like area, that doesn't get more than 3 ft. deep anywhere--so she can walk almost the whole area.  There are slides all 3 of us can go down at once--slides we took her down on our laps, fountains, and ropes, and climbing things, and a pirate ship (more slides) just anything you could want.  We all had so much fun, there was no time for video or picture taking--but never worry, we enjoyed it so much, we got a season pass, so we'll be back!  I figure I'm going to try and get one of those disposable water cameras and see if that works...stay tuned.

On Tuesday, Eric made me WONDERFUL red velvet cupcakes, which we and mom and dad enjoyed with excellent grilled burgers, and a great simple dinner.  It was great having a helper for all my candles and for her to get some practice too :)

The flowers Eric and Amara got me are beautiful and their gifts were so thoughtful and special.  I had a wonderful birthday and enjoyed it more than I think I have any in a long time--thanks guys.  I really love you!

No comments: