Sunday, June 27, 2010

Lemonade

I think maybe 2 weeks ago, Grandma Jackie was having some boys from church help with landscaping at her house.  She was making snacks for the boys (including Lemonade) which Amara had to sample.  Mom 'mentioned' that she liked it, so I filed that in the back of my mind, but didn't think much of it...

Fast forward to our zoo tip from that weekend, it was SO sweltering hot, we all needed a drink.  I got a bottle of water, but I thought I'd see how this lemonade thing went too.  I bought one of those gallon drink cups for $6, with $.94 refills all summer long...and I bet she and daddy had half of it polished off before we left the Polar Bear area--go figure ;)

Our next lemonade encounter was the next day at the splash fountains at Easton--we were SO hot from splashing and playing, that we grabbed a pretzel to share as we passed Annie's pretzels and got (you guessed it) Lemonade AGAIN!  I think that time made 3 in just a few days!

Eric decided to make fresh squeezed lemonade with local honey for Father's day weekend too, she loved that--it was very different, so I wasn't sure--but drank it down.

One day this week, she had asked for Lemonade, and I was lucky to find some Pink Lemonade Crystal light in the pantry--and she and daddy shared that over dinner too :)  At least she doesn't discriminate--and THAT made me feel better because I know it's sugar free.

Last weekend, we made it to the Clintonville Farmer's market (where Eric hit JACKPOT on a few things...) and as we got to our car, passed a girl with a lemonade stand--can't pass THAT up, can you?

OH, and Thursday was a Multi-cultural festival day at work--we got a lemon slush, which was VERY sour (see photo above), and she took it, but she enjoyed it much more as the ice continued to dilute it and it got a little less sour for her.

Because this just happened again TODAY--I had to finally take note of it.  We went to Easton again, to play in the fountains, and as they were having an art festival of sorts, had food carts set up.  Lemonade.  I think this has to make close to 10 different Lemonade's she's tried in the last 2 weeks.  She likes them all, sour, sweet, pink, yellow, large or small.  If it's lemonade, she wants it :)

No comments: