Sunday, June 27, 2010

Straws

I think I may have mentioned Amara's first encounter with straws and the orange drink at Bella's party last month...well, we continued on, giving her lots of opportunities to try them, and it's official, she is OBSESSED with straws now.

She still has/ uses her other cups, but she always asks for straws.  In the car?  Straw.  Can?  Straw (see photo of V8 can, which--contrary to what most people tell me when I say she LOVES V8, is PROOF! ;))

The straw has become most useful on the go--parks, zoo, etc. so she has control and we have a tad less spillage, as opposed to a wide open cup/ glass.

I think it's one of the most special things about being a parent, to watch your little one struggle with something, and then "get it." You could see the light in her eyes and the faintest of smiles when she repeatedly could get that juice up in the straw on her own.  There are SO many things we all take for granted, certainly using straws--but to watch her try and learn and really get it, was such a neat moment, one I'll never forget.

No comments: