Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cookie day '10

The annual tradition continues!  Always with a new face or two, and with my amazing friends and family to catch up with and share time and memories too!  Amara even now gets to have some friends come over and play, giving her much more to do than watch me bang around the kitchen, or chase the dogs--though, she could do that every day.

Not sure how many bottles of wine were flowing...but there were several corks, let me assure you.
The original cookie day trio--loved hearing Megan's story recount of the first bourbon balls (rum, jack, whatever we could find) back in the early 90's.  We think it was '94, though none of us could be for sure.

Old school cookie lady, Casey, thinking her first one was maybe 2000, and doesn't remember having so much fun with balls, until Kortney and Val came into the picture.

The girls occupying themselves.

I think she was kind of done by this point.  We weren't nearly as ambitious as other years--a lot of folks had to cut out early, but we still had a VERY nice spread and everyone left with lots of yummy treats.

Watching TV.

Hard at work, Kortney and her famous balls, Megan telling stories and initiating Tony into the group.

I think this was the jam cookie recipe.  Something that sounded like a polish word of some kind.  They assured me they were good, I somehow missed those in my take-home box.

The ball-ers.  Big ups to Gary, who told Val "go, get out of the house, I'll watch the boys!"  WOOT!

Beanie and Kristin--I think they were playing kitchen in the other room, ironically.
Amanda and Mal--Mikayla didn't make it this year.  They appear to be alternating.  Maybe one of these years they'll both be there!  It's funny--until a few years ago, we had no kids...then there was baby Lucas (aww) now he's a BIG kid, and there is another round of kiddos attending...I told Eric he'll have to convert the living room into the daddy's den for the day and run a day-care out of there, sooner or later!

No comments: