Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Snow day!

The first 'marginally big' snow (3-4 inches or so) hit early this year, mid December. I can't remember a year when that happened, let alone was cold enough outside to make it stick around for a few days, but it did! ...and it was beautiful!

Amara was so excited to get bundled up and head outside into the powdery whiteness with Grandma.  She had all get gear on and off they headed out the front door.  I grabbed my camera, unsure of what (if anything) would happen, but glad I did.

First, she started of touching and kicking the snow--then something made her decide to bend down and lick the snow right off the flower pot!  As I'm yelling from the doorway (with no shoes on) not to lick the dirt, Grandma jumps into the game.


It was still flurrying around a little bit and the snow wasn't particularly wet or clumping--you know, the kind that blows around, so I think she was having trouble picking it up or holding it, really.

She really started enjoying herself after a few minutes, and then Grandma had to show her how it was done.


Mom dug right in with her bare hands (too) and before I knew it, the two of them were sharing fresh snow right off the ground! 

I'm not sure if they got around to making snow cream at her house, but Amara liked it just the way it was.  She kept taking bowls to the back door and having Eric fill them up for her, as she brought it to the table and enjoyed bowl-ful after bowl-ful of the fluffy white, powdery snow.

Can't wait for the next snow!

No comments: