Thursday, November 3, 2011

Grape juice and jam

Along with all our our Fall baking and canning and applesauce making, we decided to try our hand at grape juice.  We had read about doing it two ways, once using a juicer and once with whole grapes.  Beanie, of course, jumped right in helping process the grapes in the juicer.

She'd load them right in, just like daddy told her, while Cora and I watched.  I didn't get a pic of it, but after her first batch I handed her a straw, and she took a big drink of the fresh juice right out of the juicer, it was priceless.

Eric tried the 2nd version on his own.  We haven't tried it yet, but I can't wait to!  It's so pretty in the jars too--I'd love to keep it out, but I've heard to keep it in cold, dark places, so Eric has fashioned a special area in our basement just for our jars.

You can see the clearer jars are the straight juice (almost a nectar really, it's so thick--we learned most store juice is actually watered down, who knew??) and then the jars with the whole grapes behind that one.

So fun!

No comments: