Monday, November 14, 2011

Haunted Mansion

That's a scary (black icing face) isn't it?  Funny, it looks almost like cat whiskers, but it's actually where the spatula didn't fit into her mouth :)  Beanie helped me make the black and grey icings and even helped me get it into the piping bags.  She's gone from just dumping things in, to being a PRO at cracking eggs, and is actually really helping me in the kitchen.  Pretty cool.

Here she's decorating the haunted mansion.  This one came with gumdrops, round candy balls and some little arrows.  She did SO well placing the tiny arrows along the roof line, and was quick to ask for help if one was leaning or needed my help. It's funny, some things she wants to do herself, while some things she still asks for.  Can never tell which it'll be.

I look like I belong IN the haunted mansion :)  ...and this is Beanie's Haunted mansion face, whatever that means--but we did a pretty good job!  Like last year, we do these the weekend before trick-or-treat, so we can share them with all our visitors.  It's a super fun little tradition (now) for us that I really enjoy. 

Eric and I made a gingerbread house once from scratch for his grandparents, maybe down the road we can recreate that with the girls :)

No comments: