Thursday, November 3, 2011

Soccer Bean!

Ah soccer.  You were just a short 3-week season, but you brought so much to our lives :)  I don't know that I've laughed that hard in a long time.

Amara just would NOT run.  Period.  She wouldn't run to the lines during warmups, and she woudn't run to the ball to kick it.

Coach heather, actually a friend of mine from high school, was the coach.  She is SO great with the kids--and you could tell they really were listening to her.  Patience of a saint that gal!

Cora was (and always entertained) just by being around the kids.  Grandma and Grandpa's Young and Jahn came to the first week to cheer her on too.
Everyone lined up on the sidelines for stretches and general instruction.  This seemed to be difficult for just about every kid out there--though, you could tell the ones who'd been at this before.

I love this pic because they are all supposed to be doing jumping jacks, yet none of the 4 kids are in the same position.  Classic.  (this is where my laughing started)

Amara took her turns like a champ.  I know she CAN do it, i think we're just experiencing some of that "I can control this and everyone wants me to do it, so I'm not going to" stuff.  Don't get me wrong, she wasn't crying or running off the fields (and we did see that elsewhere) but just took her time.

In the end, she got it between the cones and everyone cheered for her.  I think i might have seen a tiny grin somewhere on that face too.  At the end, Coach Heather gave them all fruit snacks and we played at the playground for a little while.  We tried it.  If she wants to try again, we'll let her--never can tell...but I'd be surprised :)

No comments: