Thursday, December 31, 2015

mom sums it up

At times I feel like 2015 was the worst of my life--largely focussing on the diagnosis of my mom's brain cancer, but that might be unfair. The year was also filled with fun.

Amara thrived in first grade at her brand new school. She is continuing to amaze me, become a leader, and trying new things like a new dance studio, basketball and girl scouts.

Cora is doing great at GCCC, making lots of new friends and enjoying dance and tumbling and being a ham.

I loved our annual Hilton Head trip, and Disney in November was a blast.

We got a few more things done on the house, we acquired our 2nd pup, Mr. Oliver (Ollie) in September, and despite my brief hospital stay and scare for blood clots, it doesn't sound "so bad," does it?

Still. I lost a lot of my mom this year. Who she was. She will never drive, or complain about my house, or surprise me with dinner in the crock pot, or buy me goofy birthday gifts. I would give anything to come home and see her on the mower again at my house but I never will.

We have a big year ahead of us--all of us, a lot of fight and tears i'm sure, so for now I will chose to be thankful for the blessings of 2015 and pray for the future as well.

No comments: