Sunday, December 27, 2015

Our Thanksgiving dinner do-over

Since we missed thanksgiving this year because of my stomach flu, we decided to do a makeover at home. We went out and got a full menu of stuff (WAY too much food for 4) and set aside the day to cook, jammies and all. 

The girls were thrilled to help me peeling the potatoes, both sweet and regular so there was lots of peeling. We also made veggies and used our china and tried to really make it special. 

I had a great potato tester in Cora, she was thrilled to sample with her giant spoon to get them JUST right ;)

And Amara helped me decorate and make the table beautiful for our special meal together. 

Cora called for turkey leg--I told her she was taking over for Grandma Lucy since that was always her thing--and we all stuffed ourselves to our hearts content. It was low-key and in PJs, but it was really perfect and I for one loved it. 

No comments: