Monday, May 17, 2010

Fun day



When Eric took these pictures, I'm sure he had NO idea what was to come.  That's usually how things start--normal enough, an everyday event, that somehow morphs into something amazing...this was no different.

At some point (Eric had come home to work on a training event) Grandma decided to get a large bucket and let Amara have at it--oh, did I mention, it was full of water?

I know at some point, they were on the back porch filling the fountain...how that led to putting her entire head in the bucket of water, I will never know.  We're not talking picking the bucket up, we're talking bending over, sticking her face/ head in the bucket.  Who does that?

There were about 3 different sets of shirts and shorts hanging all over the railings.  Apparently Grandma Jackie would change her each time she'd get soaked, put something new on, and let the previous outfit dry out (which, given our recent warm spells, happens pretty quickly.)

I have to think this is somehow related to Amara and Abbie playing in their water tables at their Grandma's houses--but of course we'll never know.  I only know that this girl loves water, all kinds, and any time!

In fact, just the other evening--I was watering in the front yard, and it was windy.  Ily loves to chase the water stream from the spray gun, so we were playing with her, when out of the blue Amara came up for a drink.  I turned the pressure way down, but she wanted more.  This went on and led to her sticking her whole face in front of the spray and actually cutting Ily off!

When she wasn't drinking or getting drenched (she still had her normal clothes on), she was laughing hysterically.  I wish I'd had a camcorder or camera, because she was laughing SO hard at Ily nipping at the water.  Eric and I were just besides ourselves laughing at that sweet, innocent little thing.  She really makes you stop and slow down and appreciate what you have, that is for sure.

Eventually (again, drenched) I insisted that we come in and take a warm bath and get cleaned up.  I'm sure this won't be the last time ...we can't walk past the hose now without her wanting a 'drink.' :)

No comments: