Monday, May 17, 2010

Getting ready for Mother's Day

We're always struggling to find new and creative gifts for--well, all of our families.  Between all of us and our siblings, we usually have all holidays covered...so we're always on the lookout.

This year for Mother's day, we decided to venture into uncharted waters for the Grandmas in our lives. 

We had actually headed to Michaels for something unrelated, when Eric spotted these stepping stone kits.  I had seen them before, but considering the pottery painting episode, I was a teensy bit apprehensive. 

Boy, was I wrong!  It was so easy!  Eric mixed up the cement, while Beanie and I got the decorations ready.  When he had the mix in the tray, she plunked her hand right in there, with no hesitation at all!  We decorated with stars and moons for Grandma Young, and mosaic pieces for Grandma Jackie.  I think the hardest part was having to make her quit--because we were out of space on the stone!

We put them in the basement to cure for the week, and I couldn't wait to see them when they were done.  They were SO cute and easy, I could NOT believe we just did those ourselves.  Of course, the Grandma's both loved them, and Beanie was so proud :)  I hope she will see them and remember--or maybe if not remembering, maybe reminiscing a bit...as I will.

No comments: