Sunday, April 3, 2011

sisters

I'm hoping this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship with our girls.

I have several friends (and my mom) who have sisters who still (and always have been) very close with my sisters.  I know I always wanted one, and I certainly hoped, after Amara was born, that she'd have a sister too.

At first, Beanie wasn't much into Cora--and Cora didn't notice much, but even at the 6 week mark, Cora seems to worship Amara, and Amara seems "ok" with Cora :)  She'll occasionally say "isn't she cute" or "look at that face" and I realize she's repeating us, but I'm ok with that--
So far, Amara has asked to hold her, and I'm sure it won't be long before she's asking to push her in her stroller I'd imagine.  I'm sure there are trends with 2nd born kids (myself being one) but this one is trending "quick."  Even my mom said the other day "isn't she a little young for that?" --referring to some pictures of Cora laughing I took a week or two ago.

I also know from friends with two girls that they won't always be best friends.  Amara isn't keen on anything being "just baby sisters" so I don't know how sharing will go--my hope for them is that the good far outweighs the bad though, and I'm pretty certain they will make that happen.

We're trying to make this as positive an experience for Amara as we can and we've had some visitors which helps.  We've also kept up her gym and music classes, as well as visiting preschools for her and taking her on several outings just for her.  Considering Cora is still sleeping a lot, Amara is getting plenty of time with mom and dad--just not always both of us at the same time.

The yelling moments don't get photographed (usually) so I'll focus on the sweet ones I have--I don't know if either of them will remember any of this, but I sure hope to!

No comments: