Monday, April 18, 2011

SUPERBEAN!

Dad was over here watching Amara while we headed to a Dr. apt and when we came home, Amara and he were running around, and Superman 3 was on in the background.  I didn't pay it much attention (other than noting the terrible effects and trying to remember the plot) but I didn't turn it off either.

I noticed Amara paying it some attention (hey, the music is catchy at least) and just after it was over--we had a moment...she was imitating Superman. 

I quickly had Eric tie her blanket around her like a cape, and without missing a beat, she ran to the closet to get her boots (like Superman's red boots) and we enjoyed our first real superhero role-playing moment in the living room.  Eric flew her around and we shouted "Superbean" to her entertainment.

What a sweetheart.  I headed out shortly thereafter and got some red satin and rope tie to make her a cape.  It's not done yet, but if/when it is, I'll update on the escapades of Superbean sure enough!

No comments: