Sunday, April 3, 2011

Skating

Ok, Eric MIGHT kill me for posting these, but I have to...it's part of the story...look closely at the right side of the picture.  That is Eric, not sure if he's trying to get up, or on his way down...

We were invited to Maya's 4th birthday party at a roller rink.  I'd really been wanting to try skating with Amara, so in addition to getting to see our friends, this was a bonus outing for us!  It was a private party, so not nearly packed and I headed out on skates to do a lap with Amara.  Let's just say by the 2nd lap, she was ok going alone!  no joke...

At that point, Eric and I (wearing the same shoe size) switched the skates and he headed out with her--he wasn't as successful though and did bite it a few times, though never hurt.  He was a trooper though--and I was taking video and didn't get many pics, but they really both did have a blast, and hilariously, Cora slept through the blaring roller rink music (that is just as loud and cheesy as I remember from my childhood).  She got so far ahead of Eric at one point, she yelled (in a very animated fashion) "I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT, DADDY!"  he and I just about fell over, and I'm certain we entertained a fair share of the rink at that point.

Sometimes she headed out in the wrong direction, but it didn't matter, everyone there knew each other and was kind of looking out for each other anyway.  The skates they had for toddlers fit over her shoes and she had no fear!

Eric insists we're going to go again soon so he can get better, I personally can't wait for her skates to get here!

The way the seating at the rink was set up, we saw more of her back than her front, but we could tell she was enjoying it!  Every time she fell, she got right back up, never even a wince or complaint, just get right back out there!

No comments: