Monday, March 5, 2012

Check in from Daddy


Daddy checks in with another one of his great stories:

One of Amara's teachers - the one she's been with the longest, I believe, during her story "education career" is Ms. Thompson.  Sweet lady, seems like a great teacher, and Amara really takes to her.  She recently had a child of her own, and I guess Amara and Ms. Thompson were sharing stories about "their babies at home" (I get the impression that Ms. Thompson likes to engage Amara in some conversations, not just "kid small talk").  Amara must have brought up Cora eating/nursing, and Ms. Thompson asked her, obviously tongue-in-cheek, "well, would you like to come home with me and help feed my little one?"  Amara took her seriously but had to graciously decline, "But I can't Ms. Thompson - I don't have big boobs."

I really can't add anything to that story.  Ms. Thompson had both herself and me in tears, relaying that story.  Ah, from the mouths (and minds) of babes.

No comments: