Saturday, March 31, 2012

"cutting flowers"

Amara has been practicing and getting REALLY good at using her scissors lately.

One evening at dinner, Amara had asked for her scissors, and I asked why--"to cut flowers with."  Of course--she must have cut flowers at school today, right?  That happens a lot.

She then disappeared--again, not alarming, as she will frequently make a trip to the little girls room, or to wash up during or after dinner, but after a couple minutes, I called out for her and didn't hear--

About that time, Amara came walking into the house FROM the garage--and immediately I knew what had happened...she went to C U T flowers!  As she proudly walked into the kitchen with her three daffodils, I couldn't help thinking about what she said "I want to cut flowers."  She'd told me exactly what she was going to do, then went and did it.

She handed Eric and myself each one, and said the third was for her.  I got a glass for her flowers to have a drink, explained that the next time she should ask for mommy or daddy to help her, and we placed the flowers in their new home.

That will forever be "one of those memories" for us, I'm sure.

No comments: