Saturday, March 31, 2012

quilting

After Amara's visit to Children's Hospital in the fall, I decided I was going to make quilts, and was dedicated to do it.  When Amara checked in to her hospital room, on one of the scariest days of her life--someone had made a quilt for her and it was waiting for her.  She found comfort in it, literally and figuratively, in a time when we all needed it.  Whomever made that for Amara, took their time and love to make something for her--and I want to give back.

I dug around and found a great little store near work and took a 7 week class to make this 'log cabin' pattern quilt and I'm very happy with it.  Not only that, but now I know the basics of how to make quilts myself and I can begin to give back, and also to pay it forward.

I don't expect Amara to get why this is so important, but I can only hope that she will learn why I'm doing this--taking time to make these for someone else, that we'll never meet, and that she'll understand and encourage me to keep going.

No comments: