Saturday, February 28, 2015

Amara's kindergarden valentine party with ms. bice

The good news is that I love prepping for Valentine's party, so Amara had her valentine's done. The bad news was the party fell the day after she got her cast on, and she wasn't up for a full day of school quite yet--but being the volunteer party organizer and mom of a hurting baby-girl, we made it work.
I kept her home with me in the morning, but then we packed up and headed to school in the afternoon. Amara was still learning her cast, but she was getting it quickly and enjoyed the tissue paper craft we planned. Ms. Bice and the other volunteers helped the kids with the games and snacks too.

I think all the kids had fun making messes and thank GOD I thought to plan and bring tablecloths--patting myself on the back for that $4 well spent. 

The ring toss game was fun too and ended up being perfect for Amara too. No worries about getting hurt there and it moved right along so they got several turns. 

When it became snack time, she hopped right up to help me pass out the treats--cookies and juice boxes all around. She sat with her assigned table and a few siblings who attended too, it was a busy, buzzing classroom!

At the end of class, Ms. Bice told Amara they had passed out Valentine's earlier, so she got to hand deliver them. All the kids loved her designs and she had a few extra for the other kids too. She really enjoyed her time there and I'm so glad she went and we organized a great party for she and her pals.

No comments: